Bodyfit therapies are now availlable to provide DSE Workstation Assessments. Computer workstations or equipment can be associated with neck, shoulder, back or arm pain, as well as with fatigue and eyestrain.
Surveys have found that a high proportion of DSE workers report aches, pains or eye discomfort. These aches and pains are sometimes called Work Related Upper Llimb Disorders (WRULDs), which can include a range of medical conditions such as RSI. Most of these conditions do not indicate any serious ill health, but can lead to chronic issues if ignored.
The Regulations require employers to:
• Analyse workstations, and assess and reduce risks.
• Employers need to look at:
o The whole workstation including equipment, furniture, and the work environment.
o The job being done.
o Any special needs of individual staff.
• Where risks are identified, take steps to reduce them.
• Ensure workstations meet minimum requirements.
• Plan work so there are breaks or changes of activity.
• On request arrange eye tests, and provide spectacles if special ones are needed.
• Provide health and safety training and information.
BodyFit Therapies can provide:
• A workstation assessment that will address individual and manager issues.
• A report with recommendations.
• General advice. The above services will highlight those changes necessary in order to comply with the regulations. As well as carrying out the assessment we use the process as a general advice session.
For more information or to book a workstation assessment in the London area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07388411163